I’m one of those special type of person in the world who will tell you the truth and nothing but the truth so help me,God.
#1 When you put Him first, THE LORD DIRECTS.
- “In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success.” (Proverbs 3:6 LIVING)
- “I will instruct you (says the Lord) and guide you along the best pathway for your life; I will advise you and watch your progress.” (Psalm 32:8 LIVING)
#2 When you put Him first, THE LORD PROVIDES.
“For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His.” (2 Chron. 16:9a NASB)
#3 When you put Him first, THE LORD PROTECTS.
- “The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.” (Psalm 34:7 NIV)
- “He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.” (Psalm 91:4 NLT)
- “God’s looking after me, keeping me safe in the kingdom of heaven. All praise to him, praise forever! Oh, yes!” (2 Tim. 4:18 MSG)
#4 When you put Him first, THE LORD CALMS.
“Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.” (1 Peter 5:7 AMP)
#5 When you put Him first, THE LORD HELPS.
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10 NIV)
No problem is too big for God’s power. Don’t underestimate the greatest of your Heavenly Father.
“Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16 NASB) What a picture of God’s sovereign authority and His great love for people! The needed supply is unleashed with your willing choice to seek Him. Stubborn refusal restricts you from the very resource you so desperately need.
Don’t push it off; put the Lord first.